Mac operating system smoothly works with iPhone, but you may face some difficulties while accessing your Android phone with Mac OS together to transfer files from Android phone to Mac and vice-versa. However, Apple doesn't provide users a lot of flexibility to use Mac with Android.
In this article, we will discuss some best Android file transfer Mac OS applications that can transfer files from Android phone to Mac and vice-versa.
Best Android file transfer Mac OS apps
Android File Transfer is an official app developed by Google with which you can easily transfer files from your Android device to any computer running Mac OS X. To transfer any file, you just have to install the app on your computer and connect the Android device using a USB cable, selecting the MTP option. From the window you can drag and drop files in a very simple manner. Once the transfer is finished, you just have to securely disconnect the USB cable to enjoy your files on your phone. Transfer Data from Samsung to Mac with Samsung File Transfer for Mac (Best Way). The Mac version of Mobikin Assistant for Android is a professional Samsung file transfer for Mac. It provides you with the best and easiest manner to copy data from a Samsung Android phone to Mac, and vice versa. Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer. Open Android File Transfer. The next time that you connect your phone, it opens automatically. Unlock your phone. With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer. On your phone, tap the 'Charging this device via USB' notification. Under 'Use USB for,' select File Transfer.
Android File Transfer for Mac by Google
This is a lightweight app that allows makes Android phone detectable on Mac OS X platforms with its main purpose being transfer of files. To transfer files from Mac to Android using Android File Transfer app follow the guide below. Step 1 Open your Mac browser and search for Android Transfer File. Next, click on “Download” and you see a. Install Android File Transfer The software - can we just call it AFT from now on? - is made by Google itself and is available from Android.com. It requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
Android File Transfer for Mac is an official app published by Google to easily transfer files from your Android phone to Mac OS X running on 10.7 or later. You just need to install this app on your Mac operating system and connect it to your Android phone through USB cable.
Download and Install
- Download the Android File Transfer app by clicking here.
- Once the download finished, double-click the dmg file to install.
- Now, from the installer window, you can drag and drop files to applications.
Download And Install Android File Transfer
Transfer files to Mac
- First of all, you need to connect your Android phone with Mac OS via USB cable.
- Once the both devices are connected, Android File Transfer app opens automatically. If the application does not open, click it to open manually.
- Browse the file on your Android device which you want to transfer to Mac device.
- Select the files from the numerous of options available and manage your files, folders, documents, etc. between both Mac and Android devices.
How to fix a problem if Android File Transfer Mac not working?
Once you install the AndroidFileTransfer.dmg app on your PC and connect your phone to Mac, both devices recognize each other and establish a connection. However, sometime there may be trouble and display a message, 'Could not connect to the device. Try to reconnect or restart your device'.
To fix this problem and transfer your file successfully between Android phone and Mac device, you may perform the three different ways or any of them to fix it.
Android USB replacement or USB debugging
One of the most common issues is the use of a damaged USB cable. Replace your current USB cable and use a brand new. Try once again to connect your devices and start the file transfer process. If this process doesn't work, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your Android phone and Mac OS via USB cable.
- Now, go to your Android phone Settings.
- Tap on the USB Debugging option and select Media device (MTP).
Android phone update
Updating your Android phone may be another way to fix Android File Transfer to Mac.
- Go to your Android phone
- Visit at SystemUpdate section and update your Android phone.
- Restart your Android phone and connect it to Mac OS and try to use the file transfer app.
Update your Mac
- First of all, you need to check your Mac operating system, whether it has a 10.7 or higher version. If not, update your Mac OS.
- Check whether the Android File Transfer app is properly installed on your Mac or not. If not, install it.
- Restart your Mac device.
MacDroid is an excellent application that establishes a connection between Mac OS and Android phones and tablets. Using this application, you can easily access your Android files on Mac device. The MacDroid supports OS X Yosemite and newer Mac OS.
MacDroid provides a smooth connection between Android and Mac OS and offers fast and problem-free file transfer. It transfers images, videos, audio, and other different types of files. The app requires a USB cable to connect devices.
How to transfer files between Mac and Android
- Download MacDroid app and install it on your Mac device.
- Select any one of the available connection modes - ADB or MTP.
- According to your mode of selection, it prompts the instructions and follows these instructions to connect your Android device with MacOS.
- Now, start your file transferring.
Commander One app simply allows you to plug and transfer your files from the Android device to the Mac operating system using a USB cable. This app provides a dual-panel user interface. The app includes browse files on iOS devices, work with archives, and cloud storage services. It also offers file sharing between cloud and your device and vice-versa.
How to transfer files between the Android device and MacOS
- Download the Commander One app and install it on your Mac.
- Launch your app once the installation finished.
- Now, connect your Android device with MacOS via USB cable. The app automatically detects your Android device and display the files stored on your phone.
- Drag and drop the files which you want to transfer across devices.
Droid NAS also offers you to quickly transfer files from your Android phone to your Mac OS. This app requires a Wi-Fi connection and Mac OS version, which has a built-in Bonjour protocol. To transfer files between both Android devices and Mac OS, connect them with the same wireless internet connection.
SyncMate app supports multiple devices and contains well features in it. The app treats your Android device as a separate Mac disc and easily browse your Android phone and tablet via finder. You only need to simply drag and drop a file from Android to Mac and from Mac to Android.
SyncMate has a simple user interface, easy to operate, and offers fast file transfer. It supports photos, playlists, music, and folders transfer. The positive aspect of this app is that it syncs data directly between apps on your Android device and MacOS.
How to transfer files between Mac and Android using SyncMate
- Download SyncMate application and install it on your Mac OS.
- Now, launch the app on MacOS and connect your Android device to Mac by clicking on the 'Add New' option available at the left panel and select your Android device.
- Connect both devices using a USB cable.
- The feature of files transferring between devices is available in the Expert version, so you need to upgrade your free version app.
- Visit the Summary tab and choose the 'Mount disk' option.
- Now, go to Finder, and you will see the Android device appears in the Mac OS disk. Select the files that you want to transfer from the Android device to Mac OS or from Mac OS to the Android device.
MobiKin Assistant for Android
MobiKin Assistant for Android (for Mac version) is another alternative for Android File Transfer for Mac OS. It allows transferring photos, videos, music, contact, messages, etc. between Android devices and Mac OS. It also provides features to backup and restores your data on the phone.
dr.fone - Transfer
Dr.fone - Transfer is another excellent Android File Transfer app that allows to file transfer between Android phone and Mac OS and vice-versa. It provides you the quick and problem-free transfer of text files, audio, contacts, photos, and SMS messages, etc. This app offers to comfortably manage media files on your Android device with your PC so that you can easily export, delete, and add new files.
Features of dr.fone Transfer
- It allows transferring media files between Android smartphones and iTunes.
- It also allows transferring media files between Android smartphones and computers.
- It transfers all kinds of media files.
How to transfer files between Android and Mac using dr.fone
There are three simple steps to transfer files from an Android device to Mac and from Mac to Android device. Your personal data are protected with advanced encryption technology during the data transfer.
- Connect your Android device with Mac OS.
- Select files that you want to transfer between devices.
- The mechanism of file transferring gets started.
Android File Transfer For Mac 10.6.8
AirDroid application gives facility to transfer different types of files from Android device to Mac OS and vice-versa. The app is compatible with iOS, Windows, and AirDroid web operating system. Both devices Android and Mac OS need to connect with the same Wi-Fi networks. It supports documents, photos, APKs, videos, music for transfer. It also allows transferring the entire folder at a single time.
Features of AirDroid
- The app supports all kinds of file transfer to various operating systems such as Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android devices.
- It keeps backup of your photos and videos from Android devices to computers.
- It offers to reply the mobile messages of various massaging apps like WhatsApp, Line, Telegram, etc. from a desktop computer.
- Locate your phone when it gets lost.
Dukto R6 application transfer files over the Local Area Network perfectly. This app perfectly works with Android, Mac OS, Windows, and Symbian systems. It only gives a single feature known as file transfer. This app is identical to Android File Transfer for Mac of Google.
As the name suggests, HandShaker application makes two different operating systems that connects and work together. HandShaker allows transferring files and folders between Android devices and Mac OS very easily. Both devices need to connect with the same Wi-Fi networks. The app provides a high-speed file transfer facility. Using this app, you easily manage your content on both devices.
Android File Transfer For Mac 10.14.5
To transfer any file, you just have to install the app on your computer and connect the Android device using a USB cable, selecting the MTP option.
From the window you can drag and drop files in a very simple manner. Once the transfer is finished, you just have to securely disconnect the USB cable to enjoy your files on your phone or computer.
Now, thanks to Android File Transfer, you can have a backup of the photos or music on your Android phone, or transfer any file to it from your computer.
Android File Transfer For Mac Os X 10.6.8Notes
Android File Transfer For Mac Free
If you want to upload music from your computer to your collection on Google Play, you should do so with the Music Manager application.