- The 15-inch version would be the best MacBook Pro for video editing for those who need to balance portability with decent image and power. Check out the best computers for video editing.
- Top 7 Free GoPro Video Editors for Mac; Part 1. Best GoPro Video Editor for Mac and Windows Recommended. If you are looking for a GoPro video editor with remarkable features, then Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the right choice. This editor allows the users to download Windows or Mac.
Verdict: Openshot is an open source Mac video editing software. It may remind iMovie with its easy to use drag-and-drop interface. However, Openshot contains more features than iMovie, including an unlimited number of layers and sound mixing. This free video editor for Mac offers a good balance between advanced features and a simple interface.
Now that you have taken excellent aerial shots of, for example, the snow-capped mountain peaks, it is time to edit the DJI drone footage and share it over social media. This is exactly where a DJI video editing software can come to your rescue by transforming the captured frames into pure magic. This article rounds up the best 5 video editors in 2020 for you to enhance the action camera videos. We break down the issue by answering these questions:
- 1. Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
- 2. Edit DJI Video on PC vs on Mobile, What's In for Us?
- 3. What Are the Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos?
- 4. How to Edit DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
- 5. DJI Video Edting Tips: What to Do with Drone Videos
Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
Yes, DJI users mostly bank on its default application, DJI GO 4 for shooting, editing and sharing videos on their mobile devices. But it doesn’t have any PC version. It could be increasingly difficult for people who prefer to edit video on a bigger screen with more functions.
Edit DJI Video on PC vs on Mobile, What's In for Us?
DJI GO 4 app runs on a mobile, and it is a nice choice to edit drone videos on-the-go. That said, there are some pitfalls that could make your mobile editing a nightmare:
• DJI videos are saved in cached versions in the DJI GO app. Thus, if you wish to edit and save it at high definition, i.e., better image quality, you will have to download its copy from the SD card of your drone to the computer. Then why not proceed to edit on PC with more flexibility?
• Working on a PC also makes things seem easier as you get to operate on a wider interface where everything can be navigated to without having to break any sweat.
• Smartphones usually are not equipped with adequate memory which is necessary for saving large 4K DJI footages.
• Action camera and drones use highly compressed codec to store video files, by so doing, they are able to capture videos at 1080p/4k and higher resolutions while keeping the file size small. However, decoding the highly compressed codec requires more computing power, and may cause problems such as iPhone overheating or app crashing.
Best Mac Software For Drone Video Editing
Every now and then, you will find yourself search for the best DJI video editing software on Windows or Mac, and all the above annoyance would gone for good with the right tool.
The Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos
#1. VideoProc [Fastest and Easiest for Processing 4K HEVC DJI Videos]
What are the challenges you will be meeting in DJI video editing? We notice there are complaining such as: software too complex to learn, not enough format support, low-spec computer stutters and freezes during editing, or it takes forever to export a short video.
All your headache ends with VideoProc. This lightweight video processing software can help you to cut videos without learning curve, with nice filters, advanced stabilization algorithm, and powerful GPU acceleration for fast rendering and exporting.
• Process 1080p, 4k, 8k videos without glitches or high CPU usage
• Speed up or slow down drone videos to highlight a moment
• Convert highly compressed DJI video format to editing-friendly codec
• Stabilize video with advanced deshake algorithm
• Cut videos, add filters, adjust brightness, color, add subtitles, etc.
#2. Adobe Premiere Pro [Best for Backing Up HEVC DJI Videos Data through Adobe Creative Cloud]
This industry-leading video editing software can serve you well while trying to edit the footages captured through your DJI Drone. It can be used as a DJI drone video editor that is powered to the core by Adobe Sensei which helps in crafting polished footages having a professional appeal.
• Has the ability of exporting videos in a variety of formats.
• All the data gets backed up automatically in Apple Cloud.
What Is The Best Mac Software For Video Editing
• Comes with enhanced tracking as well as masking capabilities.
• Footages can be edited in all formats ranging from 8K to virtual reality.
#3. Cyberlink Power Director [Best Choice for 360-Degree Drone Camera Users]
If you have a 360-degree drone camera, then you are bound to feel benefitted from using the Cyberlink Power Director. This versatile tool can proceed with synchronized editing of footages captured using multiple cameras. You can use it as a DJI drone video editing software.
• Vector shapes can be both applied and edited using precise keyframe controls and auto-fit text.
• Motion graphic elements can be merged with the titles of videos to impart a stylish look.
• 18 transition effects can add a professional touch to your captured footages.
• Supports multi-GPU acceleration and OpenCL for editing 4K clips as well as videos without succumbing to system lag.
#4. Davinci Resolve [Free Choice for Easing Out the Post-Production Process]
This software has gained a lot of popularity amongst professional video editors who make use of the same in free post-production process. A unique thing about Davinci Resolve is that it can handle parallel engines for enhancing the color grading process as well as quality.
Best Video Editing Software For Mac And Windows
• Supports real-time video editing in 2K resolution.
• Offers powerful new features like speed wrap, facial recognition etc.
• Both effects and grades can be applied to clips.
• End projects can be directly uploaded to Vimeo and YouTube.
#5. iMovie [Built-in Mac Tool for Amateur Users]
This tool comes built-in to every Mac system and even features an easy learning curve making it ideal for amateur users. iMovie can serve you well if you wish to undertake basic editing work on footages. It features an intuitive design and simple accompanying instructions which can enhance your knowledge about the same.
• Can be used on your iPhone and iPad apart from Mac laptops or PCs.
• Support 4K video editing without suffering quality loss.
• Animated titles and credits can be added to the footages from the dozens of available styles.
• 10 high fidelity video filters can impart a professional look to your movie.
How to Edit DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
It becomes extremely easy to transcode, tweak and adjust (4K/large) videos captured using DJI cameras through VideoProc. Once you have added the video, you will be presented with an array of options which can guide you through the processing part. This also holds true for amateur users who are trying our video processing for the very first time.
1. Convert: You can convert videos by first importing the source video and next selecting the target format before the transcoding process.
2. Cut: You can cut or trim DJI videos by selecting the tool from the Edit toolbar and specifying the position by dragging the dual green knobs.
3. Split: Choose the Split option from the Toolbox and select the parts you wish to keep by moving the dual green knobs.
4. Stabilize/Deshake: DJI's in-camera stabilization won't work in certain resolutions, and that's where post-production comes to your aid. Videos can be stabilized by selecting the Deshake option from the Toolbox and trimming the shaky segments by moving the green cursors.
5. Reduce Noise: Drone audio noise can be reduced or removed by selecting the Denoise option from the Toolbox tab and making your selection by moving the green cursors.
6. Merge: Videos can be merged by first loading your preferred clips and clicking on the Merge button appearing on the main interface.
7. Remove Fisheye: Clicking on the Fisheye option from the Toolbox tab can provide you with access to lens correction controls. You can trim the segments having fisheye effect by simply moving the green cursors.
Best Mac Software For Video Editing
8. Adjust Speed: The feature of playback speed adjusting is somewhat hidden in the DJI video editor. Click any option on the Toobbox of VideoProc, switch to the first option – Audio & Video, glide left or right the control bar and adjust the playback speed from 0.10x to 16x.
The Level-3 Hardware Acceleration Technology helps VideoProc in processing videos 47 times faster than its peer tools. All of this is done by diminishing CPU usage for enhancing the longevity of your computer.
DJI Video Edting Tips: What to Do with Drone Videos
• Split/Cut: remove any unwanted clips, such as crash from the last flight.
• Correct color/brightness: keep the frames protected from under or over exposure which becomes extremely necessary when the sun is around.
• Stabilize shaky video: remove all signs of shakiness from the captured frames.
• Change speed: creates slow-mo as well as time-lapse videos which are currently in rage amongst media professionals.
• Zoom: as it doesn’t always become possible to fly very close to the target object.
• Mute or reduce noise: remove the interference caused by wind as well as the device itself.
• Some other popular demands on DJI drone video editing are color grading, intra-frame coding, D-log setting, video compression, barrel distortion removal, time remapping, 4K video rendering, tilt shift, camera tracking, overlay, motion tracking etc.
DJI videos usually have high bit depth, high frame rate, ultra-high resolution (such as 4K), high bitrate, etc. The common video editing tools available in the market are inadequate to handle the same and usually succumb to quality degradation as well as crash. This in turn creates the requirement of a professional video editing software which we have listed down below.
We hope our todays discussion could add value to your knowledge about best DJI video editing software. Although each one of them come with their own set of bells and whistles, VideoProc stands out from its peers with its versatile functionality which can help you undertake holistic video processing functions irrespective of your skill level.