Unlike a decade ago when Windows ruled the world, we now have a huge array of operating systems at our disposal. I don’t know about you, but I’m using Ubuntu aside from Windows, and I can pretty much say that this OS is great. However, many users are in trouble and can’t find their MAC Address using this OS, which is somewhat troubling. If you are one of them, well… don’t you worry! In this article, we are going to explain how you can find your MAC Address in Ubuntu. Boot up your PCs, we are going to do some useful stuff!
There are two ways that we can run Ubuntu on the Mac. We can either setup a dual boot or we can run Ubuntu as a virtual machine. We will be using the virtual machine method in this tutorial. There are pros and cons to each method, however a virtual machine will be plenty adequate for most dual operating system requirements. These won't even run the latest version of Mac OS X, let alone macOS. But they will run an up-to-date version of Ubuntu Linux without breaking a sweat. Linux is loved by developers, and for good. Actually, the version of Ubuntu you download does matter, though there are not specific builds for Mac hardware vs. Not all the versions are compatible with all the models of MacBook. Fortunately, there is an awesome guide that breaks it down. UNetbootin allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu, Fedora, and other Linux distributions without burning a CD. It runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. You can either let. Download Ubuntu desktop, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu for Raspberry Pi and IoT devices, Ubuntu Core and all the Ubuntu flavours. Ubuntu is an open-source software platform that runs everywhere from the PC to the server and the cloud.
Mac Os Theme For Ubuntu
Find Mac Address in Ubuntu with Command Line
Ubuntu is known for its simple-to-use interface and its Terminal feature. In this method, we are going to utilize our Terminal to find out more about our MAC’s IP address. The steps are below.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open your Terminal.
- Wait for it to boot up.
- You can either copy this code “ifconfig grep Hwaddr” or just type it in your Terminal.
- Press Enter.
- Now, you can clearly see that there are two addresses. One is for LAN and the other is for WiFi.
Gather Connection Information
Ubuntu has a great feature where you can see the info about your connection. This info provides you with the necessary knowledge about your MAC’s Address and it’s easy to grasp and understand it. The steps are below.
- Open your Unity panel.
- A new menu will open, giving you various options about the connection. You should check Connection Information option which is below.
- Now, you can see the information about your current connection, whether it’s a LAN or WiFi MAC Address. This is one of the easiest methods.
Networks Manager Method
Networks Manager Method might not be the easiest, but in my opinion, this is the most detailed method. Here, you can see all of the necessary info about your networks and even tweak some settings. The steps are below.
Mac Icons For Ubuntu
- Use your menu to navigate to System Settings.
- Among the options, you’ll see an option called Network. Left-click on it.
- On the left side, you’ll see what type of network are you using. Under Wireless, click on the arrow that’s next to your connection.
- Your MAC Address will be under Hardware Address.
- If you want to check your LAN address, you can just click on Wired, instead of Wireless.
- Now, click on the current connection and you’ll see the exact same info.
Ubuntu For Mac Os
As you saw, Ubuntu is a really, really simple OS to use and you can easily check your MAC address with only a few mouse clicks. You never know when you’re going to need your MAC address, plus it’s very important info about your computer and location. We hope that this article was of help, so feel free to try every method to see which works best for you.