Use the Mail app
Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. There are two ways you can set up an email account in the Mail app on your iOS device — automatically or manually. Learn which option is best for you. Set up an account. Explore the world of Mac. Check out MacBook Pro, iMac Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, and more. Visit the Apple site to learn, buy, and get support.
Learn how to use Mail on your iOS device or Mac.
Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
There are two ways you can set up an email account in the Mail app on your iOS device — automatically or manually. Learn which option is best for you.Set up an account
If you can’t send email on your Mac
Check for status messages that tell you more about the issue and how to fix it.Get help with Mail
If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync
Learn what to do if you need help. For example, the changes that you made on one device didn't appear on all of your devices.Learn more
Have a question about Mail? Ask everyone.
The members of our Apple Support Community can help answer your question. Or, if someone’s already asked, you can search for the best answer.Ask now
Tell us how we can help
Answer a few questions and we'll help you find a solution.Get support
Add an email account
If you haven't already set up an email account in Mail, you might be prompted to add one when you open the app. If you're not prompted, or you just want to add another account, follow these steps:
- From the menu bar in Mail, choose Mail > Add Account.
- Select your email provider from the list, then click Continue.
- Some accounts, such as Google, might ask that you click Open Browser to complete authentication in your web browser.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter account details, such as your name, email address, and password. If you're not sure what information to enter, please contact your email provider for help.
Use the Inbox for each account
The Inbox gathers together the messages for every email account you added. If you added more than one account, you can click the disclosure triangle next to Inbox in the sidebar, then select a mailbox to see only the messages for that account.
What Is The Best Mail Program For Mac
Optional: Turn on other account features
If your account includes support for contacts, calendars, notes, or other features in addition to email, you can turn those features on or off:
Good Mail Program For Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.
- Select your account in the sidebar.
- Select the features you want to use with your account.