Follow these steps to create a backup from within Mendeley Desktop:
- In Mendeley Desktop, Click 'Help' in the top menu.
- Select 'Create Backup…'.
- Specify where you wish to save your backup files.
If you're using a version of Mendeley Desktop prior to v0.9.4, or need to manually create a backup due to a problem with Mendeley Desktop, you by following these steps:
Mendeley is a free reference manager and an academic social network. Manage your research, showcase your work, connect and collaborate with over five million researchers worldwide. An instructions for Mendeley Microsoft word plug-in on macOS. Elsivier (the company that owns Mendeley) appears to have abandoned support for Mendeley. They have chosen to not update Mendeley to work properly with Word 2016 for Mac. I suggest you investigate Zotero and EndNote and take your queue from Elsivier - abandon Mendeley. Zotero and EndNote products continue to be supported by their makers.
- Locate your database. Where your database files are stored depends on your operating system. The default location for the different operating systems is:
- Windows 7,8,10: %LOCALAPPDATA%Mendeley Ltd.Mendeley Desktop
- Mac OS X: /Users/< Your username> /Library/Application Support/Mendeley Desktop/
- Linux: ~/.local/share/data/Mendeley Ltd./Mendeley Desktop/
- Copy your database somewhere safe (e.g. another computer, a USB stick, or another folder on your computer).
Follow these steps to restore a backup:
Mendeley For Mac Os Catalina
- In Mendeley Desktop, click 'Help' in the top menu.
- Select 'Restore Backup'.
- Select the last backup that was made or 'Other' to revert to browse for an older version and follow the onscreen instructions.