This article explains how to prevent children from using Firefox, block websites or filter website content in Firefox that may be offensive or inappropriate for children.
This article explains how to block websites or filter website content in Firefox that may be offensive or inappropriate for children.
Firefox checks the parental controls on your computer and sets itself to Prefer:Safe mode. This automatically turns on the safety feature on each website your child visits, as long as you have the parental controls active on your computer.
This feature can be turned off only through your password-protected parental settings on your operating system, so your child will not be able to deactivate this feature through the browser.
To turn on parental controls on your computer, please see the support documentation for your operating system or see the following instructions.
- Set up family features on Windows 10 at microsoft.com
When the windows task manager window pops up click processes, then locate parental filter and click (end process) Now use the uninstall feature in add/remove programs and then reboot, you should. KidsGoGoGo for Mac. This software helps the parents to keep the kids away from malicious content.
- (Windows 7): How To Use Parental Controls in Windows 7 at howtogeek.com and Safeguarding Windows 7 – Parental Controls at microsoft.com
- (Windows Vista): Use Parental Controls to Filter Websites in Windows Vista at howtogeek.com
Built-in Parental Controls let you block websites or filter website content in Firefox or any other browser.
- Set up parental controls on Mac at apple.com
Windows XP doesn't have built-in parental controls. For such a feature, you can download Windows Live Essentials for Windows XP at microsoft.com containing Windows Live Family Safety, a web filtering software.
For a list of web filtering software, see List of content-control software at wikipedia.org.
This addons.mozilla.org search for parental control lists several extensions that can provide content blocking.
Based on information from Parental controls (mozillaZine KB)
The importance of internet filtering
1. Increases in productivity. The websites that cause diversion of staff, employee, or student's attention are blocked, and this, in turn, leaves them with no option but to focus on their work hence increasing productivity.
Parental Filter Software
2. Blocking inappropriate content. Specifically, in educational institutes, it's of utmost importance to keep children away from inappropriate content. Applying internet filtering software will ensure that children and students are viewing or visiting age-appropriate content and websites. Blocking websites that are not age-appropriate is one of the biggest advantages of internet filtering.
3. Safety. Internet filters ensure the space your kid surfing is a safe place. With all the cybercrime taking place on the internet through cyberbullying and cyber predators in chat rooms, social networking sites, and other platforms that your kids may browse, it is increasingly important to protect your kids. Through internet filtering, you are also able to block specific sites that your kids should not visit.
Parental Filter For Macbook Pro
4. Protect resources. Too much of uploading and downloading may require a lot of memory space. You can set your internet filtering software to download to block any download from peer networks. You can also block specified websites that require a lot of memory space.