Step 3: Convert Scanned PDF to Word on Mac (Optional) To convert a scanned PDF file, you need to click the 'Perform OCR' button first. After recognized the scanned PDF, click on 'File' 'Export To' and select 'To Word' in the menu bar. Then click 'Save' to start the conversion. How to convert PDF to Word online: Upload your file to our online PDF converter. Smallpdf will instantly start the extraction process. OCR will activate if you upload a scanned document. Wait for the converter to finish and download your Word file.
- Word Document To Pdf Converter Mac
- Best Pdf To Word Converter Mac
- Pdf To Word Converter Mac Free Download
- Pdf To Word Converter Software For Mac
- Pdf To Word For Mac Converter
PDFs are the core of many businesses. They are much safer and more professional than other types of documents for companies and their generally smaller file size makes them a great option for long-term storage or for sharing easily with others. Unlike other formats, PDF documents can be directly modified only with PDF editors. However, some programs are fairly expensive, while others don’t have as many features as Microsoft Office software. So, it is often very useful and even necessary to turn PDF files to other formats, for example, Word. Today, we will introduce some programs to help you convert PDF file to Word on Mac.
Best Applications to Turn PDF into Word on Mac
Apowersoft PDF Converter
Apowersoft PDF Converter is one of the best PDF programs for batch converting files. The software has a quick and easy-to-use interface and supports many kinds of file formats, such as Word, Excel, PPT, JPG, PNG, and so on. Furthermore, it has other features, like turning other formats to PDF and combing PDF files. This is a paid tool, but it allows you to try its features – you can convert the first 5 pages of each PDF file for free. This program works very smoothly, and the output files keep their original quality.
Follow the steps below to learn how to convert PDF to Word on Mac.
- Download the program and launch it.
- To start converting, click the “Add file(s)” button to choose files, or select one or more files that you need, and simply drag and drop the file(s) to the software.
- Choose an output format that you want. In this case, you can choose doc. or docx.
- Click “Start Converting” and wait for a while and it will help you complete the conversion.
Generally, the program will set a default output folder, however, if you don’t want to store your converted documents there, you can click the three-dots button to choose another place as the output directory before starting the conversion.
PDFMate PDF Converter for Mac
Word Document To Pdf Converter Mac
PDFMate PDF Converter for Mac is a simple program which can convert PDF file to Word on Mac. Just like our program, this one can also do batch conversions, but it supports fewer file types than the former. It can only turn PDF to Word, SWF, IMAGE, TXT, HTML, and EPUB. It cannot convert other formats to PDF. The program supports macOS 10.6 or higher. And as we tested, it can also run on macOS Mojave. Moreover, it enables you to select the pages you want to convert in a PDF file before the conversion.
Let’s follow the instructions below to see how it works.
- Go to PDFMate PDF Converter for Mac page to download, install and run the program.
- Click the button “Add PDF” and select the files you want to convert.
- On the panel of the output file formats, choose “Word” as the output format (In general, the program sets Word as default output format).
- Click the “Convert” button to turn PDF into Word on Mac.
PDFelement is an excellent program available on Mac and iOS platforms. Unlike the previous programs introduced, this one is specialized in PDF editing. It has a very simple, minimalistic and user-friendly interface. But it contains many awesome tools, including comment, highlighting, cropping, OCR, etc.
- Download the program on your computer. Once complete, launch the program and click on the “Convert PDF” button on the main interface.
- Choose a file and then hit “Open” button.
- After that you can view the PDF content, you can modify the content or directly click the “To Word” button above the file page.
- When ready, click “Convert” to convert PDF to Word on Mac, and then the PDF will be converted into Word.
PDFs have become the de facto standard format for a lot of business-related data and information storage, whether it’s for personal banking, school assignments, or accounting for a large corporation; we’ve all used a PDF at some point or another. Virtually, all important documents are now sent as PDFs. If your work involves using PDFs and you need to make sure you have the best way to manage and convert them, which works quickly and easily, every time. The main disadvantage of the PDFelement is that you cannot do batch conversions. It can only allow you to convert one PDF file to Word at a time. Both PDFMate and Apowersoft PDF Converter work well, but PDFMate supports fewer functions. If you are looking for a powerful business-oriented PDF-management tool for Mac, the Apowersoft PDF Converter is worth checking out.
PDF is the most common file type that can be easily shared and opened in any operating system. Still, editing the PDF files is quite tricky. That is when Microsoft Word comes in handy. All you have to do is to convert your PDF file into DOC or DOCX, make necessary changes, and turn it back to the original format.
But how to turn PDF into Word? Today, we'll show how to do that with Preview, Google Drive, Automator, and some dedicated PDF converters.
Method 1. How to convert PDF to Word on Mac using Preview
Consider copying and pasting as a low-tech approach? Sometimes it works surprisingly well, especially when the PDF is primarily text-based. Sometimes it's a real hassle — it all depends on the type of PDF file you have.
In any case, with such minimal effort involved, this method is worth a shot. Follow these steps to try it out:
- Right-click your PDF file, go to Open With, and choose Preview.
- Select the text you want to copy and hit Command‐C.
- Navigate to Pages or Microsoft Word on Mac and paste the text into the document with Command‐V.
- Save the file as DOC or DOCX (go to File > Export To > Word, if you use Pages). That's all!
Use Command‐A for Select All is you want to copy the entire document content, all at once.
Method 2. Turn PDF Files into DOCX using Google Docs
Google Docs is a popular web-based editing tool, pretty good at transforming PDF files into Word. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to Google Drive and log in to your Google account.
- Click the gear icon and choose Settings.
- Check the box next to “Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format” in the General tab.
- Upload the PDF file to Google Drive (press “+ New” button and select “File upload”)
- Hit Open. Your file now will be opened with Google Docs.
- Head over to the File menu, select Download, and opt for Microsoft Word (DOCX). The file will appear in your Downloads folder as a Word document.
If a PDF file includes images, Google Docs might remove them from the final DOCX document. This method is preferable only for a text-based PDF file.
Google Docs can also be the answer to how to convert Word to PDF on Mac. The main downside to this method is that it requires an internet connection.
Method 3. Transform PDF to Word with Automator
Automator is a built-in macOS utility developed for simple repetitive tasks like renaming files or resizing images. It helps make the same changes to multiple files at a time by creating a custom workflow.
Just like Preview, Automator can’t convert PDF to Word. But it is powerful enough to extract the text from your PDF and turn it into a plain or rich text format (RTF). Then you can edit it in any text editor. To use Automator:
- Launch Automator from the Application folder.
- Choose Workflow as a type for your document.
- Drag and drop your PDF file.
- In the left-side Actions section, go to Library > PDFs > Extract PDF Text.
- Drag this action to the right pane underneath your PDF document.
- Opt for Rich Text instead of Plain text to keep the formatting.
- Define where to save the extracted text file.
- Hit the Run button located in the upper-right corner of the window, and get your PDF file converted to a text document.
Now, you can go to the folder you chose and find your converted file.
Method 4. Convert PDF to Word with third-party converters
Using a dedicated converter is the way to go if you have tons of PDFs with lots of graphics and different types of text blocks to convert. But what’s the best one to choose?
By far, the highest quality solution is Adobe Acrobat by Adobe. No surprises the company has a tool to solve all your PDF editing needs, as they created this format. This tool can convert PDFs into almost all sorts of file types: from DOCX to RTF and beyond. Even if your document contains any scanned text, Acrobat will recognize it automatically.
The alternatives are PDFelement and Smallpdf. Both these services have free trials, so you can find out whether the tool works for you before purchasing.
Need extra help with your Mac performance?
If Microsoft Word glitches or runs sluggishly, deep Mac cleaning may help you fix the issue. Every computer needs it from time to time. System junk, temporary files, and old cache — all these can decrease performance a lot. Luckily, there are tools to help you out.
Best Pdf To Word Converter Mac
To keep my Mac safe from months-old clutter, I use CleanMyMac X. This powerful junk-cleaner offers a bunch of features to solve Mac-specific issues. ProductHunt even called CleanMyMac X “Marie Kondo for your Mac.”. That fact alone says a lot!
Pdf To Word Converter Mac Free Download
Here’s how to speed up the system with its help:
Pdf To Word Converter Software For Mac
- Grab your copy of CleanMyMac X (get a free one here).
- Launch the app and go to the System Junk tab.
- Press Scan and wait for a few seconds.
- Hit the Clean button to get rid of items that slow down your Mac.
If Microsoft Word still malfunctions, I recommend using the Uninstaller feature of CleanMyMac X to reset the app.
Pdf To Word For Mac Converter
Turning PDF to Word is a piece of cake if you have the right tool at hand. If you need to convert text-based PDF, using Preview, Automator, or Google Docs would be enough. But if you regularly deal with image-heavy files, consider using dedicated PDF converters like Adobe Acrobat Exporter.