Taking pictures using Samsung is great since it increases convenience. But since the storage space of Samsung device is limited, you may have to transfer those pictures to another source to create room for other functionalities. For example, you can transfer photos from Samsung to Mac to back up these files and meanwhile free up your phone space.
How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac Easily? To transfer photos from Samsung to Mac. For a PC or MAC, click the download button above to install. For a mobile device, you can download the app from Google Play™ or Samsung GALAXY Apps which is preloaded on your latest Galaxy device. Notifications on PC Make Phone Calls and Send Text Messages.
How to Backup Android to Mac with Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac. The best way for you to. Samsung Galaxy A8 - How to find your MAC address - If you want to find your phone’s WiFi MAC address (for improved WiFi security), then go to Settings – System – About device – Status. Received my free Galaxy Buds today (claim verified 14 March, delivered 9 April). Paired succcessfully with S10+ and listened to music on the Buds. Looking how to pair with my MacBook Air. In the Bluetooth section on the MacBook Air it does show the Buds while searching.
If you are an iPhone user, you can click to learn:
Then, how to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac easily? The process may seem complicated by the fact that these two run on different platforms. But with the right guidance, you can get it done within minutes. The followings are 5 recommended transfer ways for your reference:
#1 How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac Easily?
To transfer photos from Samsung to Mac, MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac Version) can be a good helper for you. It is one of the best Android file transfer tools which can assist you to transfer and manage different kinds of files on Android devices. These files include photos, videos, music, contacts, text messages, books and many more. Except for that, it also allows you to back up and restore your Android device with one click. Hence, when you try to transfer photos or other files from Samsung to Mac or PC, you can consider this powerful program.
Now, please download and install the transfer tool on your Mac computer by clicking the icon below: (the Win version also available)
Here is how to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac with MobiKin Assistant for Android:
- Launch the software on your Mac computer and connect your Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8 to the Mac with a USB cable.
- Follow the prompts popped up on the screen to let the program detect your Samsung phone.
- Once recognized, you can select 'Photos' in the left-hand panel of the window that comes up. Then all the pictures on your Samsung device will be displayed.
- Tick off the images that you want to transfer and tap the 'Export' option to export the pictures from Samsung to Mac.
#2 How Do I Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac via USB Cable?
Using USB cable is one of the most common ways to copy photos from Samsung to Mac. To complete the transfer by using this way, you need to set your Samsung device as a camera and then you are free to move photos from your Samsung device to Mac or from Mac to Samsung.
Tutorial to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac:
- Connect your Samsung to the Mac with a USB cord.
- Unlock your Samsung and then swipe down from the top of the screen to connect your device as a media device. To achieve that, you can change the USB connection type to 'MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)' or 'PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)'.
- Turn to your Mac computer and open your Samsung device then go to 'DCIM' > 'Camera'.
- Choose the pictures that you want to transfer and drag the files into a folder on your Mac.
#3 How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S10/S9/S8 to Mac by Android File Transfer?
Another way you can consider to sync Samsung photos to Mac is using Android File Transfer App. This is one of the best applications for those using devices running on Android 3.0 or later versions. As its name suggests, this application is good at transferring files between Android device and Mac computer. So here, it could be one of your options.
Steps to send pictures from Samsung S10/S9/S8 to Mac computer:
- Download and install Android File Transfer App on your Mac and then drag it into 'Application'.
- Run the application and use a USB cable to connect your Samsung to the Mac.
- Once the App recognizes your phone, you need to open the 'DCIM' or 'Pictures' folder.
- View and choose the wanted photos then drag and drop them from Samsung Galaxy to your Mac computer.
Sometimes this App may fail to work for unknown reasons. If you encounter such an issue while transferring the photos, you can click to learn how to fix Android File Transfer not working on Mac. Or you can directly use Android File Transfer alternative for Mac to complete the transfer.
#4 How to Download Photos from Samsung Phone to Mac Computer Using Smart Switch?
Smart Switch is also a tool that can help to ease the transfer process. This App is equipped with a 'Backup & Restore' function which allows users to backup and restore different types of files, such as videos, photos, and applications among others. Apart from that, it is good at transferring files from other mobile phones to Samsung devices. For Samsung users, this would be a useful tool.
Guide on how to download photos from Samsung phone to Mac:
- Download, install and launch the Smart Switch on your Mac computer. Please make sure you choose the Mac version.
- Link your Samsung phone to the Mac using a USB cable and go with the prompts to make the connected device recognized.
- Choose the 'Backup' option from the home page of Smart Switch to save all your Samsung files to Mac.
#5 Download Photos from Samsung Phone to Mac with 1 Click
The last solution recommended here is to make use of MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac Version). The 'Back Up Your Phone' feature of this software empowers you to save different file types from Samsung or other Android devices to Mac computer. You can use it to backup your Samsung photos to Mac selectively or wholly as you like.
Learn how to move all pictures from Samsung phone to Mac computer with 1 click:
- Open the program on your computer and connect your phone to the Mac with USB cable.
- On the primary interface, select 'Super Toolkit' mode and click the 'Backup' button.
- Then you can tap on the 'Phone Gallery ' option from the file type list and continue to mark the desired file types.
- Select a local folder to save the backups.
- Hit the 'Back Up' button at the bottom of the interface to begin syncing photos from Samsung to Mac.
Except for backing up Android phone to Mac computer, this program also enables users to transfer data from Android to Android and restore files from backups. You can also have a try if needed.
Comparison: Which Method is Better?
Now let's make a comparison among these 5 transfer ways:
|MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac Version)||USB Cable||Android File Transfer||Smart Switch|
|Transfer with One Click|
|Supported File Types||Almost All Files||Media Files||Almost All Files||Almost All Files|
Which method is better? Please share your opinions with us!
To prevent your Android data loss, the best way is to back it up to some safe place such as your Mac computer. However, many users don't realize the importance of backup. To preclude the potential chance of data loss, we have listed 5 useful ways to teach you how to back up Android to Mac. Just read on and learn the information.
Method 1: How to Backup Android to Mac with Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac
The best way for you to back up your Android phone to Mac is to use Coolmuster Android Assistant (Mac version). This software is a full-featured tool with which users can back up Android phone data to the Mac comprehensively. It supports you to back up photos, music, videos, contacts, call logs, SMS, apps, etc. from Android to Mac with high security and no data loss. It allows you to preview files before backing up your data.
Quick Look - Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac
- Connect an Android phone to a Mac easily.
- Support transferring files from Android phone to Mac and vise Versa, including contacts, text messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps, and books.
- Manage Android files on your computer. On the desktop, you can edit contacts, read text messages, view call logs, install or uninstall apps, etc.
- Backup and restore an Android phone on a Mac with 1 click.
- Support all kinds of Android devices, such as Samsung, Huawei, LG, HTC, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, OPPO, Xiaomi, OnePlus, etc.
- The Mac version works perfectly on Mac OS X 10.9 or later.
Free download Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac and follow the tutorial to backup your Android phone to the Mac in minutes.
>> 1.1 Backup Android Phone to Mac with 1 Click
Wonder how to use this software? Coolmuster Android Assistant provides you two usages with simple steps. For users who want to back up everything on Android phone to the Mac in one go, this 1-click backup function can be very helpful.
Step 1: Launch the software and connect your Android phone to Mac.
Download and install the right version of this software on your Mac. Launch the program and connect your Android phone to Mac via a USB cable. Enable USB debugging on your Android.
Step 2: Back up Android phone to Mac with 1 Click.
After the program detects your Android, go to the 'Super Toolkit' on the top menu bar and choose 'Backup'. Select the types of data you want to back up and choose a local folder to save the backup. Then click the 'Back Up' button to start the process.
>> 1.2 Backup Android Phone to Mac Selectively
If you want to back up some certain contents from Android phone to your Mac, this software also supports you to do so. Follow the steps below to choose the files you want to back up.
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to Mac with a USB cable.
Launch the program on your Mac and connect your Android phone to Mac using a USB cable. Enable USB debugging on your Android phone. Then the program starts to detect your Android phone.
Step 2: Choose the Android files you want to back up to Mac.
After the detection, all your Android phone data will be displayed on the interface. Just choose the type of files in the left penal.
Step 3: Start to back up your Android data to the Mac computer.
You can preview and check the items you want to back up. After the selection, click the 'Export' button to back up these files to your Mac.
More Features of Coolmuster:
Method 2: How to Backup Android to Macbook with Android File Transfer?
Google has designed a Mac app called Android File Transfer for users to transfer and back up Android data to a Mac. Using this app, you can back up your Android document, music, photo, and videos to Mac. Using this method you need to connect your Android phone to the Mac with the original cable.
Here are the steps to back up Android to Mac with Android File Transfer.
- Download the Android File Transfer and install it on your Mac.
- Launch the app and connect your Android phone to Mac with original cable.
- Once connected, browse through the internal memory/SD card of your Android phone.
- Choose the data you want to back up.
- Drag and drop the required data into a folder on your Mac.
This method is easy to use and it becomes the most common solution for backing up Android to Mac. However, it has a limit on the type of data you can back up, and sometimes the program fails to detect your Android phone.
You May Need:
Method 3: How to Backup Android to Mac with Smart Switch?
Another useful app which can help you create a backup on Mac for your Android phone is Samsung Smart Switch. Using this tool, you can easily transfer contacts, photos, messages, and more from your Samsung phone to your Macbook. But first, you need to download Smart Switch on your Mac.
Here is how to back up Android phone to Mac with Smart Switch.
#1. Backup an entire Android phone to Mac
- Connect your Android phone to your Mac using a USB cable and then tap 'ALLOW' on your Android phone.
- Open the Smart Switch on your Mac and select 'Backup'. Then the program will automatically start to back up your Android phone for you.
- The backup process may take several minutes. When it is finished, you will be notified with a prompt on your screen. Just tap 'OK'.
#2. Sync contacts and calendars from Android to Mac
- Launch Smart Switch and connect your Android device to Mac.
- On the main interface of Smart Switch, click 'Sync'.
- You can select contacts or (and) calendars, then tap on 'Sync Now'.
#3. Transfer media files from Android to Mac
- Launch Samsung Smart Switch and connect your Android phone to Mac.
- On the main interface, tap on the folder icon, it is next to your phone memory info.
- Browse your Android file list and go to the folder that contains your desired files.
- Drag the files to your Mac.
Note:Samsung Smart Switch is developed for Samsung devices. It may not work perfectly on other Android brands.
Smart Switch Is Also Used to Transfer Files from Phone to Phone:
Method 4: How to Backup Android to Mac Wirelessly with Google?
If you want to back up your Android phone to Mac wirelessly, Google is a good choice. Although it is not a one-stop backup method, you can still back up your Android photos, videos, contacts, and calendars, etc. But first of all, you need a Google account. Click to see how to create a Google account.
See how to back up different files on your Android phone to Mac.
#1. Backup contacts
You can back up your contacts with Gmail.
- Go to 'Settings' and choose 'Google services'.
- Sign in to your Gmail account with your Google account.
- Open the Google account.
- Enable the 'Sync Contacts' option on your Android and your contacts will be automatically backed up to your Gmail account.
- Browse to gmail.com on your Mac and log in your Gmail account.
- Go to the 'Contacts' tap.
- Click 'More' > 'Export' > 'Export Contacts in CSV or vCard format' to download the contacts from Android to your Mac.
#2. Backup photos and videos
- Download the Google Photos app and open it on your Android phone.
- Log in your Google account.
- Click 'Menu' and choose 'Settings'.
- Tap 'Backup & sync' > 'Continue' to set 'Upload size'.
- Choose the 'High quality' option.
- Tap on 'Continue' to upload photos and videos from your Android device to Google.
- Browse to Google Photos for Web on your Mac and log in your Google account.
- Find the photos and videos that you have synced to your Google account and download them to your Mac.
Samsung Galaxy Macbook
#3. Backup Android other files
- Download and install the Google Drive app on your Android phone.
- Upload files and folders from Android phone to Google Drive.
- View the file backup on Google Drive for Web with Mac.
- Find your wanted files and download them to your Mac.
Samsung Galaxy For Mac Software
Method 5: How to Backup An Android Phone to A Mac Wirelessly Using AirDroid?
If you don't want to use Google to back up your Android data to Mac, there is another wireless way available - using AirDroid Backup app. This app will connect your device using Wi-Fi. To use this method, you have to download and install this app on your Android phone first.
Now, let's see how to back up your Android phone to Mac with AirDroid.
- Download this app on your Android.
- On your Mac, browse to AirDroid for Web.
- Create an AirDroid account.
- Sign in the web application with your email, social communication account, or the QR code.
- Then your Android is connected to the Mac.
- Go to the folder on the AirDroid web to select the detailed files as you like.
- Download the files you want to back up to the Mac and click 'Download'.
Samsung Galaxy Mac Address
Above are the methods we want to share with you for backing up Android phone to Mac. All of them can help keep your data's security, but considering stability and convenience, we recommend Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac to you first. But you can pick the one you like best and give it a try on your device.