Privacy is major concern and with increasing heinous cybercrimes, one has to be very careful while browsing Internet. To keep your online privacy intact and access websites blocked in your country, you can use VPN. With VPN installed on your Mac, you can hide your IP address and access blocked content easily.
Download VPN client for any operating system: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and more. Compatible with computers, smartphones, routers and even gaming consoles. Download VPN client for any operating system: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and more. Compatible with computers, smartphones, routers and even gaming consoles.
VPN expands the horizon and expose you to wide variety of content, which you couldn’t access in your area. Moreover, it is an excellent tool which you help you to maintain privacy and anonymity when surfing the web. Most VPN are available at a minimal cost but if you are looking for a VPN app, we will help you with that. Before that, you need to know what a VPN does and how to choose best free VPN for Mac?
What A VPN Does & How To Choose Best Free VPN For Mac?
Feb 02, 2020 Note that some VPN providers use this party apps specifically to install and manage VPN configurations, and if that applies to your VPN usage then you’d also want to delete that VPN app or run the uninstaller script or application that comes bundled from the VPN provider. Deleting the VPN app from the Mac Applications folder and then removing. Benefit from a simple yet powerful VPN app that works smoothly with your Mac. Go private instantly. Seize the power of a single click – hit Quick Connect and get connected to the best server right away. Launch on start. Connect to VPN automatically when you launch the NordVPN app or when your Mac.
VPN acts much like a firewall and it enables users to safely access private network and make it easy to share data remotely via public networks. Mostly VPN services takes help of a desktop application that runs in background encrypting your data when browsing web. However, this is not the ultimate solution to protect your privacy, but just a part of it. Before choosing a free VPN for Mac, you need to consider a few things. Some of them are free bandwidth, major locations, P2P, ad blocking and more. We have listed some of the best VPN services for Mac, have a look!
1. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN a complete VPN solution that allows you to access blocked site, stream sport events, play region locked games and more. Let’s look at the features of CyberGhost VPN:
- Connects you with everything keeping privacy intact
- It hides your Wi-Fi address, to make online browsing secure.
- Protects your online identity guards and secures your banking transaction.
- One tap protection to encrypt data transfer.
- Automatically connects you with the best matched server based on the location.
- Lets you enjoy your Internet without any restriction.
- CyberGhost VPN provides 24/7 customer support via live chat.
Surfshark is a secure VPN that provides private access to open Internet. This VPN encrypts all Internet traffic shared between devices. Plus, users IP address is also hidden so that nobody can track your online activity. Let’s look at the features of the Surfshark in detail:
- It gives a clean browsing experience by blocking ads, malware and more.
- It allows specific apps and websites to bypass the VPN.
- It comes with AES 256-GCM encryption to safeguard personal information from hackers and third parties.
- It offers camouflage mode so that no one including your Internet provider can’t identify that you are using a VPN.
3. Nord VPN
Nord VPN is one of the best free VPN for Mac as it provides secure and private network. Let’s look at the features of Nord VPN:
- It protects you while on public Wifi networks, annoying ads, secure your online activity from malware and other cybercrimes.
- It enables you to secure up to 6 devices with single Nord VPN account.
- It lets you enjoy your Internet with no boundaries, no matter where you travel.
- It secures your IP address so that nobody can track which websites you surfed and what files you downloaded.
Nord VPN comes with excellent customer service which are always ready to support every hour of the day
4. HotSpot Shield
HotSpot Shield is a secure VPN which comes with ultra-fast VPN servers which comes with military grade encryption. Let’s look at the features of Hotspot Shield:
- It supports all platforms, so you can download Hotspot Shield and access on whichever device you want.
- You can get secure access to Internet without being hacked or tracked.
- It hides your IP address, physical location of VPN server.
- Hotspot Shield VPN doesn’t log your browsing activity, so your ISP can’t keep a track of websites or apps that you use.
HotSpot Shield comes with Kill Switch protection which protects your identity if the connection is lost for some time so that you are not vulnerable even for a second.
TunnelBear is a secure VPN that works well and provides private connection to less restricted Internet. With this free VPN, you can hide your IP address and location from websites, ads and hackers. Let’s look at the features of the TunnelBear in detail:
- It comes with AES 256-bit encryption which safeguards your personal information from third parties and hackers while using public Wi-Fi.
- It makes accessing emails, domestic news, favorite sites whilst travelling abroad.
- It limits advertisers from tracking your online activities.
- You get to stream faster with TunnelBear VPN and also you can avoid getting tracked by ISP.
TunnelBear is one of the best VPN software for Mac as it doesn’t log any activity of its customers and keep the privacy intact. You can also use TunnelBear against VPN blocking with Ghostbear feature as it makes your VPN data less prone to detection to ISPs, governments or others.
6. Express VPN
Express VPN is a high speed, easy to use and setup which makes best vpn for MacOS. It is secure & anonymous which makes it easier to keep you off the radar of hackers and privacy intruders. Let’s look at the features of Express VPN:
- It helps you to unblock the websites and apps across 94 countries.
- It has a huge network of more than 2000 global VPN servers with faster connections, unlimited bandwidth.
- You can use Express VPN service for Mac, iOS, Windows, Linux and Android.
- It lets you stream or download anything from anywhere in the world without revealing IP address to intruders.
Express VPN comes with 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, and split tunneling. It comes with 148 VPN server locations in 94 countries with unlimited server switches.
7. VYPR VPN
VYPR VPN is one of the best VPN services for Mac which gives you Internet privacy and freedom to browse any site without any intrusion. Let’s have a look at the features VYPR VPN:
- It offers OpenVPN, Chameleon, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec, so you can choose your preferred level of speed, encryption and protection.
- It lets you connect to any VyprVPN server without any limitations, server switching apps, and download caps.
- Vypr VPN offers more than 70 server locations across six continents.
- When you connect to VyprVPN, your ISP can only see encrypted traffic.
Vypr VPN has NAT firewall to provide an extra layer of security. It has a support team which works 24*7*365 to help you via email or live chat.
8. Hide me
Hide me is one of the best VPN software for Mac if you want to maintain your anonymity and encrypts your connection. Let’s take a look at the features of Hide.me:
- It has more than 150 dedicated gigabit servers through Europe, The United States and Asia so that you can access websites securely.
- me manage and create without logging user data or activities. So, your information never goes to third party.
- It has various VPN protocols such as PPTP, SoftEther, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and IKEv2
- It comes with AES 256-bit encryption with 8192-bit keys.
Hideme works on MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Routers, Linux, Smart TVs, and Consoles. It provides you complete protection against IPv6, IP leaks and DNS leaks.
9. Private Tunnel
Private Tunnel is one of the best free VPNs for Mac which comes with more than 50 VPN servers over 23 regions in 12 countries. Let’s take a look at the features of Private Tunnel:
- It masks your public IP address and encrypt connections to protect your privacy.
- It protects your network from online threats, reducing cyber-attacks, spoofing & DDoS attacks.
- It connects your devices to unrestricted access to websites and information.
- It provides 24*7 customer support online via ticketing system and chat support.
Private Tunnel comes with AES encryption, AES block size makes it less prone to attacks than others. It encrypts traffic, secure connections on Wifi HotSpots as well.
Windscribe is a secure VPN which unlocks all locations and comes with config generator. It secures your identity by hiding your IP and timestamp. Let’s look at the features of Windscribe:
- It has larger network which comes with server in over 55 countries and 100 cities.
- It has strongest encryption which has AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- It helps you generate OpenVPN, SOCKS, and IKEv2 config for all your devices.
- It blocks all connectivity outside the tunnel to avert all types of hacks and leaks.
With this VPN, your computer becomes a secure Wi-Fi router. You can change your time zone and access the websites blocked for your location. Windscribe blocks ads and trackers to ditch the hackers.
Speedify is yet another best free VPN for Mac which comes with bonding technology, which enables you to use multiple Internet connections concurrently to get maximum speed. Let’s take a look at the features of Speedify:
- You get better streaming, live broadcast without throttled Internet connection.
- You can set preferences rules for all the Internet connections individually to monitor usage.
- The server network covers 28 countries so that you get better connection on the basis of availability and latency.
- This VPN also improves latency, reduce lag for faster gameplay and trustable performance.
It uses a ChaCha- or AES-based encryption algorithm, depending on device support to provide security. Speedify has no log VPN policy so nothing is traced or tracked back.
Is a Free VPN the Right Solution for Your Mac?
There are plenty of free VPNs in the market however, not every one of them work well on your Mac. You have to be very careful with free VPNs as they come with restrictions such as limited data transfer, pop-up ads, slow speeds and more. Although, there are other harms of using it such as planting trackers, intruding your security and privacy.
Therefore, we have listed some of the safest and free unlimited VPN for Mac to help you maintain your anonymity and surf online without any restrictions and worries.
Are you trying to access a website or use streaming services blocked by your internet service provider?
Are you planning to surf the web but want to keep your identity a secret?
Do you need extra security for your internet connection?
Free Vpn App For Mac
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you probably already know that you need a Virtual Private Network.
Vpn App For Mac
Considering you’ve landed on this page, you’ve probably already taken the right steps toward educating yourself about Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, to take charge of your internet security and privacy.
You might be wondering how exactly to set up a VPN on a Mac.
Vpn Application For Mac Windows 10
This tutorial will walk you through installing a VPN on the latest Mac operating systems: Mac OS X High Sierra (10.13), Sierra (10.12), El Capitan (10.11), and Yosemite (10.10).
Fortunately, most VPN service providers today are designed for various platforms so installation on your Mac should be simple and easy. Just in case, we have created this tutorial to help answer any questions you may have about using a VPN on a Mac or how to set up a VPN on Mac OS X, Mac Sierra, or just a Mac in general.
Vpn Application For Mac Pro
This guide should help answer any questions you have about the installation process.